Would you believe you can make those delicious PF Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps at your home in minutes? Yes, you can! This article is all about how to make the famous lettuce wraps by PF Change at your home in the possibly easiest way 🙂
Lettuce wraps have always seemed like an indulgence reserved for restaurants only. People have a tendency to believe the secret to their delicacy lies in a long list of ingredients, difficult processes, or both. Nevertheless, we can certainly prepare those delicious chicken lettuce wraps at home. This recipe is surprisingly quick and easy, and makes a healthy weeknight meal that is quick and easy. On the way from your work to home, just take all the necessary ingredients from the nearest supermarket to your home and enjoy these lettuce wraps in your dinner.
You can make lettuce wraps in less than 20 minutes at home instead of paying for restaurant food! The recipe is easy, healthier, since you control the ingredients, and the result is way better tasting! It’s super easy and healthier to make Asian lettuce wraps since you control the ingredients.
Ingredients required to make lettuce wraps:
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Ground chicken, 1 lb
- Minced two cloves of garlic
- Diced 1 onion
- A quarter cup of hoisin sauce
- Soy sauce, two tablespoons
- A tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- Grated fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon
- A tablespoon of Sriracha is optional
- Dice 1 whole water chestnuts (8-ounce) can
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- Black pepper and Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 butter lettuce head
Directions to make PF Chang’s lettuce wraps:
- Heat a saucepan must over medium-high heat (which is the recommended one) to heat olive oil.
- Fry the ground chicken, making sure it crumbles as it cooks, until it is browned. Drain off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha until the onions are translucent. Stir all of these for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then stir in the chestnuts and green onions until they have softened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken mixture on lettuce leaves taco-style by spooning a few tablespoons of the mixture into the centre.
Serve chicken lettuce wraps with these dishes:
You can serve the lettuce wraps as a meal in and of themselves, or pair them with fresh sides. To go with these chicken lettuce cups, we recommend:
- Fried rice
- Peanut noodles
- Grilled vegetables: While bell peppers and carrots tend to be crisp-tender, squash and potatoes aren’t. chicken lettuce wraps goes with all grilled vegetables.
- Thai peanut chicken salad : As both food items consists chicken in it, its recommended to omit chicken use in any one of the items.
- Sweet and Savory Zucchini Corn Salad: The dish is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, light, and fresh in nature. Zucchini is available in abundant in summer, so this is perfect summer food.
- Fresh Cabbage salad
P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Tips for Making Them
You can also replace ground chicken by turkey ground. Two of them are excellent choice which goes fairly well with the lettuce wraps.
Butter lettuce is the best choice if you are confused about what to include in chicken lettuce wraps. Unlike iceberg lettuce and romaine, they’re much more flexible and can hold a lot more filling.
Instead of soy sauce you can use tamari or coconut aminos.